The application helps people, interested in using free source of energy - sunlight, to check solar potential of their roof or land, how much solar power is available at specific location throughout the year, to estimate how much energy a photo-voltaic system is able to produce per month or year.
The app also offers area converter, that supports many different units, and contains tips on how to estimate roof area using map and Planimeter app.
Simple "Costs Calculator" allows users to compare changes in energy bills with and without using solar cell panels.
iOS version features:
- Real-time solar power calculation based on current location, panel/device orientation and panel/device tilt**
- Solar Power and Energy calculation for different periods of time: day, month, year
- Ideal (calculated) and experimental statistical solar data (offline) available
- Sensor based inputs for orientation and tilt
- Current location search using GPS and Network
- Graph/Plot 2D data presentation
- Solar panel efficiency control
- Bill and Saving estimation based on user input (energy monthly or annual consumption).
- Roof tilt angle measurement
- Roof area calculation based on Planimeter* measurements
- Metric and Imperial units
** Make sure your Time Zone settings are correct and you use it in portrait orientation.
|SolarMeter on iOS|
If you have questions about the app or have improvement suggestions, we will be glad to hear from you in the comments below or by e-mail.